In het zesde jaar kregen de leerlingen van mevrouw Deboodt een alternatieve boekopdracht: maak een krant over je boek.
Of, zoals mevrouw het zelf stelde:
- Team up in groups of four, choose a book from the list
- Create a newspaper for your book. For example: summarize the plot in one article, cover the weather in another, do a feature story on one of the more interesting characters in another. Include an editorial and a collection of ads that would be pertinent to the story.
- You are all journalists and are obliged to write at least one feature story/article each. However, your responsibilities do not end there. You will each be given an extra ‘role’ to play in the newsroom, while creating your newspaper. The following roles must be divided amongst your group members:
– Editor: responsible for overall content of the paper, makes sure everything runs to plan and has the final say on what appears in the paper.
– Marketing manager: has overall responsibility for all advertising within the newspaper.
– Lay-out & photography: designs pages (deciding how best to present stories, photographs, etc.)
– Revision: you check and improve the work of your fellow journalists (grammar, spelling, punctuation,…)
U krijgt van ons de krant die Thais, Maurane en Helena maakten rond het boek “The Great Gatsby”.